If you want a different shaped cookie to be served for a special event or just for snacks at home, you can find numerous cookie bar recipes in any cook book or online. Making bar cookies are the ideal choice if you are going to make a lot of them. You simply make them, bake and slice, and they are ready to serve without consuming much time and effort. You can try out these two cookie bar recipes for a special event or just to have something to eat at home.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars:
Ingredients: 1 stick butter melted, 1 pack white cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 pack fat free cream cheese, 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¾ cup chocolate chips, 2 cups flaked coconut
- First, preheat the oven up to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet.
- Place the cake mix and 1 egg in a mixing bowl, mix together until the dough is formed. Press the dough onto the baking sheet and up to the sides.
- Place the cream cheese in the mixing bowl and mix until it is fluffy and light. Add 2 eggs, vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar and beat using a low speed until thoroughly combined. Mix in the coconut flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the dough and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the edges are golden in color. Once done, allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 30 average sized bars.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Bars:
Ingredients: ½ stick of butter, 1 pack of caramel, ½ cup evaporated milk, 1 stick of melted butter, 1 pack German chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup chopped peanuts, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees and spray a baking pan.
- Place all the caramel in a sauce pan and add a half stick of butter and the evaporated milk. Stir it constantly over low heat until the caramel melts and it has a smooth appearance.
- Using a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, cocoa powder, 8 tablespoons of melted butter, and egg using low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter in half and pour the half into a baking pan. Press the batter into the baking pan and place it in the oven for 10 minutes or until it rises.
- Place the chocolate chips and peanuts into the caramel mixture. Drop the mixture on the cake and spread it evenly up to the edges. Use the remaining batter and drop it over the top of the cake.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, allow it to cool for about 40 minutes before serving. This makes about 30 average sized pieces.
- bar cookies procedure
- chocolate cookies recipes and procedure
- cookies recipe procedure
- cookies recipes and procedure
- delicious healthy bar cookie recipes