If you are in search for easy oatmeal cookies, you can find numerous recipes online. If you want a different approach, more on the healthy side or you just want a different oatmeal cookie, you might as well try these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that you can serve in any occasion or just to have something to eat at home. This is also ideal for people who love chocolate. With this easy oatmeal cookies recipe, you will have unique yet healthy oatmeal cookies.
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you want a healthy alternative to the usual chocolate chip cookies, you can try this whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is a healthy alternative and still contains the sought after chocolate chips that every chocolate lover craves for.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 ¾ cup rolled oats, 1 cup light brown sugar, 1 cup dark brown sugar, 2/3 cup wheat bran, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 cup unsalted butter
- First, chop and shave the chocolate bar into sizable chunks and splinters.
- While getting the dough ready, preheat the oven up to 350 degree F.
- With a mixing bowl, mix the rolled oats, wheat bran, whole wheat, flour, baking powder and the baking soda together.
- Using another bowl, cream the butter until it is fluffy and light.
- Add sugar to the butter and continue beating up to 3-4 minutes. Add one egg at a time and beat well.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Add the chocolate chunks and splinters into the mixture.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and place similar sized cookies. Making sure that they are a few centimeters apart from one another.
- Allow them to bake until they are golden brown in color.
- Once they are fully baked, allow the cookies to cool down before serving.
With this easy oatmeal cookies recipe, you can have your very own whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. You can serve them during parties or special occasions. Your guests will be delighted to see a different kind of chocolate chip cookie. It is healthy and at the same time tasty and delicious. You can even create your own variety of oatmeal cookies that are easy to make and will be enjoyed by your family and friends.
- easy healthy oatmeal cookies
- easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- delicious healthy simple chocolate chip cookies
- healthy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe
- healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies